Many homeowners usually hold off on replacing their windows until they embark on a remodeling project. But there are many other reasons to replace the windows of your home besides giving it an upgrade. Having the windows replaced is an affordable investment that can save you money in the long run. If you live in a dwelling that is older than 15 years, then it may be time to consider getting window replacements. There are many techniques you can use to determine if your windows are in dire need of a replacement. Right before fall is the best time to get window replacements, especially so that your home keeps the cozy warmth in!
Do you need a window replacement? Ask yourself these questions to figure out if it’s something your home can benefit from:
• Are your windows built with single-pane glass? Single-pane glass is more prone to frosting in cold temperatures and is not energy efficient.
• Does the building seem very noisy with sounds coming in from the outside? If so, your windows may be the cause of noise transmission to the inside.
• Is your furniture, household items or artwork fading? Harsh UV rays from the sun that enter through the windows can destroy the coloring of your furniture, but with energy efficient glass you can block them out.
• Do your windows tend to leak water?
• Do you feel a draft always coming from your windows?
• Are your windows aesthetically appealing to your home?
• Do your windows close, open and lock correctly?
• Are your windows hard to clean?
If you find that the answer is “yes” to these questions, then a window replacement may be the ultimate solution! If you are still unsure, these suggestions on why you should have new windows installed may convince you.
New Windows Can Provide Energy Efficiency
New window products today are built with low emissivity glass coatings that help block UV rays from entering and reduce the transfer of heat. This feature keeps the building cooler or warmer depending on the weather conditions. Due to the reflection of heat, the HVAC system won’t have to work as hard, significantly decreasing the cost of the energy bills.
Improve the Appearance with New Stylish Windows
Perhaps your old windows are rotting or look dull. A new window installation can quickly amp up the look of your home. You can select from a variety of stylish windows to make them match the design of the building’s structure.
Enhance the Functionality of the Windows
Opting to get new windows put in will allow you to open and close them much easier, due to their new designs. You may be shocked to find that, when they are installed, the building is more soundproof, reducing the noise a great deal. Certain windows, such as vinyl or aluminum, make it so that re-painting is no longer an issue. Advancements in technology have made some window models have the ability to tilt inward for easier cleaning. And the list goes on and on.
What kind of windows do you imagine in your home or business?